The Foundation for Achieving Seamless Territory (FAST) is an architectural think-tank based in Amsterdam and New York City. It operates at the intersection of architecture, urban planning, and human rights. Through our research, advocacy, and design, we make visible systemic violence and promote social and environmental justice.
FAST collaborates with communities, policy institutes, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), United Nations agencies, and multidisciplinary experts. Together, we develop programs, research methodologies, policy recommendations, and alternative visions to empower local communities and improve livelihoods in conflict-affected environments.
Our recent projects include:
- BLUE: The Architecture of UN Peacekeeping Missions
- Desert Futures: Scenarios for Decolonization
- Love in a Mist and the Politics of Fertility
- Border Ecologies
- UN Missions in Urban Environments and the Legacy of UNMIL
- Greening Peacekeeping: The Environmental Impact of UN Peace Operations
These initiatives exemplify our commitment to addressing pressing societal issues and shaping a better future through the activist use of architecture, design, and public art.